Calendar Year Support Staff Benefits 2020
Minimum of 20 hours or more per week. Coverage starts on the first day of the month following date of active employment.
WNESU is please to offer their Calendar Year Support Staff health insurance through BCBSVT in 2020. WNESU will pay for 84.5% of the premium
Health Reimbursement Accounts, Dependent Care Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
A Health Reimbursement Account is an arrangement provided to help offset expenses associated with an IRS qualified high deductible health insurance plan (HDHP). The HRA is administered by Health Equity and the HRA will be established for your if you enroll in the WNESU sponsored HDHP medical plan.
Dependent Care Account (DCA) 100% Employee Funded
You can pay for the dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis. You can deduct up to a maximum of $5,000 family total contribution for the tax year.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) 100% employee funded:
- You can pay for un-reimbursed medical, dental, vision and related expenses on a pre-tax basis. You can deduct up to a maximum of $2,750 for this contract year with a minimum annual election of $200. Health Equity offers debit cards to pay for your qualified FSA expenses instead of submitting paper claims. You do not have to submit a claim form and wait to get a check in the mail. You can check balances or other account details anytime – online or with a quick phone call. Simply present your debit card and the amount of your eligible expense will be automatically deducted from your account.
- Up to $500 of the Employee Medical FSA election may be rolled over from one plan year into the following plan year, thus minimizing your risk of losing dollars due to a miscalculation or change in your planned expenses during the plan year. This rollover amount is in addition to the $2,750 maximum eligible benefit; therefore, during this calendar year an employee could have up to $3,250 of eligible FSA dollars.
- NEW – Members can now submit claims for menstrual care products and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs without a doctor’s prescription. You may use your debit card for purchases but be aware that some merchants may need to update their eligible product list managed by the Special Interest Group for IIAS Standards for correct processing. In the meantime, members can manually submit these claims with proper documentation.
Summary of Benefits & Coverages
WNESU will continue to pay $300 (based on your employment letter/contract) annually towards your dental premiums
Delta offers Health Through Oral Wellness, which is a patient-centered oral health program designed to improve oral health & reduce costs.
We are pleased to announce that Delta Dental has agreed to hold the dental premiums to a 1.5% increase and extend the guarantee period from 12 months to 18 months. The next potential premium change will be January 1, 2022.
Summary of Benefits:
Contribution & Rates
Vision Plan - Vision Service Plan (VSP) 100% Employee Funded
Vision Plan Details & Employee Contribution
Here is a link to the VSP website that has numerous benefits and rebates available to you and your covered dependents. Some additional plan benefits include:
- Contact Lens Rebates: Visit the contact lens rebate section of our website to get up to $200 rebate on a an annual supply of eligible contacts from Bausch + Lomb, and there are also rebates for CooperVision lenses.
- TruHearing Hearing Aid Discount Program: VSP members receive FREE access ($108 value) and savings up to 50% on state-of-the-art digital hearing aids. This program is also available to VSP members’ dependents and extended family members!
- Free Eyewear Protection Program: As an exclusive benefit to members receiving services from a practice participating in the Premier Program (as indicated on vsp.com), they are eligible for free 12 month Eyewear protection when purchasing a featured frame brand. The Eyewear Protection Program is a worry-free warranty that replaces a VSP member’s Marchon/Altair featured frame brand frame, free of charge, if accidently broken or damaged for up to 12 months from purchase.
- Eyeconic®: –VSP’s online eyewear store, which offers an improved option for members, and non-members, who prefer to shop online for eyewear or contact lenses. Members can apply their VSP benefits directly to their purchase for glasses, sunglasses, and contacts, with the option to have their eyewear order shipped directly to their home or to a VSP practice. Visit Eyeconic® today at http://www.eyeconic.com/
- Primary Eyecare is included with your plan for no additional premium, and can be used for Emergency Eyecare and Diabetic Eyecare. VSP doctors can diagnose and often treat urgent or chronic medical eye conditions, such as pink eye or eye injury. This can mean huge cost-savings over emergency rooms, urgent care centers or visits to a primary care physician. It also covers routine diabetic eye exams, and diabetic patients get a digital retinal examination covered in full instead of the $39 copay.
- We are pleased to announce that VSP has agreed to hold our vision premiums at current levels and extend the guarantee period through December 31, 2021.
LIfe & AD&D Insurance Provided by Reliance Standard Life
Basic Life Insurance – Reliance Standard Life (100% WNESU Funded)
- $10,000 group term life insurance benefits
- Benefits reduce to 65% of your original benefit upon reaching 65 and 50% of the original benefit at age 70
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (100% WNESU Funded)
- AD&D benefit doubles your life insurance value if death results from an accident
- There is a schedule of benefits payable for certain injuries (see your certificate for details)
- Benefit age reduction coincides with basic life schedule
Voluntary Life AD&D Insurance (100% Employee Funded)
- Purchased in $10,000 units to the lesser of 5 times annual pay or $250,000
- Benefit age reduction coincides with basic life schedule
- Newly eligible employees are offered up to $150,000 guarantee issue employee/$50,000 for spouse
- Spouse coverage in increments of $5,000 to lessor of $100,000 or %50 of employee amount
- Dependent children to age 20 (or 26 if full time student) can be covered up to $10,000
Disability Insurance Provided by Reliance Standard Life
Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% WNESU Funded)
- Benefits begin after 60 days of qualified disability
- Maximum Benefit of 66 2/3% of base pay rate is available, not to exceed $7,500 per month
- Payable up to social security retirement age with a schedule of payout for employees that become disabled after age 60
- Partial Benefits are available based on loss of duties from occupation for first 24 months, then any gainful occupation after 24 months
Employee Assistance Program - Invest EAP
The EAP plan helps employees and families with a variety of short-term confidential counseling, information and resources for personal and workplace issues such as:
Emergency Travel Assistance - Reliance Standard Life
On Call International Benefit
- Covers employees/family members when more than 100 miles from home
- Travel assistance in even of lost/stolen bags or passports, ATM locator, Roadside Assistance & Legal Referrals
- Medical assistance to find Medical providers, Rx replacement, medical case management & medical evacuation
- VIP Concierge services including event ticketing, ground transportation, restaurant referrals/reservations
- Can help with ID Theft & other security situations
Invest EAP Contact Information
Invest EAP: Employee Assistance Program
Reliance Standard Contact Information
Reliance Standard Life & AD&D – Emergency Travel Assistance
Customer Service: 800-351-7500
Retirement - VT Municipal Employees Retirement System (VMERS)
- Employees contribute 5.125% of their gross earning and WNESU contributes 5.75% of their gross earnings pre-tax
- Mandatory participation for employees not eligible for VSTRS working 20+ hours per week if you are a calendar year employee or 30+ hours per week if you are school year employee and a minimum of 1,040 hours per year
- Eligibility starts immediately upon date of active employment
TD Ameritrade Retirement Plan – 403(b) Plan (100% Employee Funded)
Employees can make additional contributions pre-tax to an individual 403(b) plans at the employees election